LIONS TALES: NOVEMBER 22, 2020
What are you thankful for? Click HERE to check out our "Thankful padlet" and consider making a contribution of your own!
HAPPENING AT LLS…
NEW FEATURE! GET TO KNOW…
2nd week of “Get to Know!” Recap: Since we are all a little more distant than usual, we thought we might take the opportunity to introduce someone at LLS and give us all a chance to get to know them a little better! Last week we met Mrs. Ambrosio. This week we are getting to know... Mrs. Megan Clarke, our other INCREDIBLE Assistant Principal! Click HERE to “meet” Mrs. Clarke! Please share with your kids so they too can get to know our incredible staff better! Who will it be next week???
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
Thanksgiving is just a few days away! Please take the time to share your child’s “Thankful” with our community. Find it HERE!
Note: pictures posted to the padlet may be used in our yearbook. You can reach out to the yearbook team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request a post be excluded, or as always, to submit photos for consideration in the yearbook of students engaging in LLS-sponsored activities.
Trimester 1 Parent-Teacher Conferences will occur during the At-Home Learning Wednesdays of November 25 (mornings) and December 9. Evening conferences will occur on December 9, as well. All conferences will be virtual this year.
You can sign up for a LLS Parent-Teacher conference time with your child’s classroom teacher by registering here at https://longlots.schoolappointments.com. Once registered, you will be able to see the available conference time slots for your child’s teacher, and you may book times for each of your children. As a reminder, only one conference will be scheduled for each child in a classroom.
As we get closer to the conference dates, a reminder email with your child’s conference time and ZOOM link will be sent to the email address you used to register for the site.
Trimester 1 Progress Reports will be available to families on Monday, November 23 at 4:00 p.m. on Powerschool Home Access. Further instructions will be provided as we approach that date.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DE&I)
The DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (DE&I) Committee is committed to making DE&I a priority in our district and supports the entire Long Lots community. Click HERE to check out our 3 min. highlight on inclusion!
If you want to help or have questions, thoughts, or ideas, we would love to hear from you. Your LLS DE&I reps - Ingi Soliman and Sarah Manning - can be reached at email@example.com.
Another successful year of holiday giving is underway! At this point you should have received an email from your Room Parent’s about our annual Lion’s Heart Program. Just as a reminder, we will be collecting gift cards to support families in need until December 4th, so please send the card in with your child during the next two weeks. If you would prefer to make a cash donation instead of buying a gift card, please use this link to the LLS PTA PayPal HERE. Please refer to the email you received or reach out to your Room Parents with any questions! Thank you!
LLS WINTER COAT DRIVE
We are collecting all items - coats, scarves, gloves and hats for both children and adults - now through November 30th. Bring them to LLS and place them in the box outside the main entrance. Donated items will be delivered to The Bridgeport Rescue Mission. For more information click HERE.
Questions? Contact Anna Rycenga at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN THE PTA!
Why should you join the PTA? Because the PTA enriches the educational experience of every child and teacher at LLS with programs like our Cultural Arts programs, Newcomers get-togethers, much needed support for our amazing teachers and staff and much, much more! Note that by joining the PTA and paying your dues ($30), you are not committing to volunteering. And don't forget-when you join the PTA you get instant access to our parent and student directory - MobileArq!
Questions? Contact email@example.com
CLICK HERE to join! (Registration code is: westport)
*We want to make sure that every family has the opportunity to join the PTA. Please contact Megan Clarke or Dr. Dunn if you are in need of financial assistance. All requests are confidential.
FUNDRAISING for LLS!
- Shop at Minted.com! Get your holiday cards and gifts at Minted.com! They have a fundraising program where you get 20% off your purchases on cards and gifts from October through December 2020 and then they donate 15% of your purchase back to LLS PTA. It's a win win! Our special LLS code is FUNDRAISELONGLOTS. Please share the code with your friends and family to help LLS PTA even more!
- Make all those Amazon purchases count! The same shopping experience (and prices) as Amazon but on the smile.amazon.com website you help LLS PTA! Simply select Long Lots School PTA as your designated charity for the PTA to receive a portion of your purchases. Once you have selected LLS PTA as your charity on the website, you will need to search for “Amazon Smile” to activate it in the app. Make sure to always use smile.amazon.com to make your purchases count!
- Stop & Shop Rewards Program! LLS is now participating in the Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards Program! This is an easy way to help our school earn CASH each time you shop at any Stop & Shop location and use your card. Simply visit https://stopandshop.com/ and sign into your account. Once signed in, go to "My Account", then "Rewards & Programs" and choose A+ School Rewards. You can search for LLS by town and state, or enter our school ID number, which is 41240. If you don't have an account, you can create one online. Please tell all your friends and family to sign up as well! If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Powers.
- Label everything with Mabel’s Labels! Visit campaigns.mabelslabels.com to shop for all your labeling needs! Mabel's labels come in a variety of styles that you can use to tag your child’s clothing, water bottle, etc. Perfect for back-to-school!
NEXT BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING: December 7, 2020 at 7:00pm
TO VIEW MEETING: Live streaming HERE/ Optimum Government Access Channel 78 / Frontier Channel 6021
As always, your attention and feedback is important and we strongly encourage you to stay engaged, watch the meeting and address any comments, concerns, or suggestions to the Administration and Board of Education. Please send your emails to:
- BOE members at BOE@westportps.org
- Tom Scarice, Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Buono, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching & Learning and Co Chair of WPS Reopening Committee at email@example.com
DISTRICT COVID DASHBOARD AND HOTLINE
Please stay up to date with the WPS COVID-19 Dashboard (HERE). The District also recently set up a COVID-19 Positive Student Case Report Hotline. Find more information about that HERE.
DISTANCE LEARNING TECH HELPDESK
The Westport Public Schools is proud to partner with Custom Computers to provide a Distance Learning Tech Helpdesk. The goal is to provide real-time support for families during any distance learning or at-home hybrid learning days with live support Monday-Friday from 7am-8pm. A "Distance Learning Tech Help" button has been placed on the bottom left-hand side of the front page of each school's website for easy access to important details about the program.
IN THE COMMUNITY...
WESTPORT CONTINUING EDUCATION
Westport Continuing Education Announces In Person & Online After School Programs: Registration is now open for in-person K-5 programs in Westport and online programs for K-12. Under the current hybrid model, the afternoon programs are for the A-K afternoon cohort attending that school. View the interactive flyer here or view the schedule on the Westport Continuing Education website HERE.
ROARRRRRING ACCOLADES THIS WEEK GO TO...
...Dianna Walsh for organizing the first ever LLS Virtual Book Fair! And thank you to all of you for supporting it and purchasing books for both your family and your teachers!
Thank you for always reaching out to us with your concerns, fundraising ideas, and suggestions on how to strengthen and enhance our school community. If you have any questions or if you need anything at all, please always feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week!
Maria & Elsa
LLS PTA Co-Presidents