About LLS PTA
ABOUT THE LLS PTA
The Long Lots School ("LLS") PTA is a partnership between parents and educators working to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of students within our school. It is a forum for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions about what is happening at LLS and in the Westport Public School District.
PTA membership is open to all families within the school. The PTA is a volunteer organization and the success of all of our programs is due to the dedication of countless volunteers.
How do my PTA contributions help my student and Long Lots School?
The LLS PTA is an independent 501(c)3 organization that receives 100% of its funding from parent contributions and dues. This money is then used to directly benefit our students and staff. The PTA runs over 50 programs throughout the year including community events for our students, teacher grant programs to support innovative learning opportunities, and events to connect our parents with the school. Below you will find a compressive list of LLS PTA sponsored events.
LLS PTA SPONSORED PROGRAMS, EVENTS, AND GRANTS
- Kindergarten Orientation
- Summer Playdates for Incoming Kindergartners
- New Families Orientation & Welcome Coffee
- PTA Meetings and Speaker Events
- Movie Night
- Author Series
- 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
- Lion's Heart Gift Program
- Book Fair
- Spring Staff Appreciation Week and Luncheon
PAST GIFTS TO LLS
- Renovation of the Library Media Center
- Playground Updates (basketball hoops and GaGa Pit)
- Auditorium Update